Hiring Paperwork and Procedures for International Graduate Students
Please leave all date fields blank, you will be filling them in during your hiring appointment.
NO STAPLES - They will have to be removed.
1) I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
Section 1 only: http://www.uscis.gov/files/for
2) Patent Agreement:
All students, faculty and staff at UCSD must complete a patent agreement prior to receiving salary or stipend. Complete your name, date prepared, & department at the top. Disregard the Oath of Allegiance section, and at the very bottom, print and sign your name, and date it.
3) Direct Deposit/Payroll Wage Disposition
4) Social Security Card
In order to be paid, all international students will need a US Social Security Card.
If you have arrived at UCSD, and have a social security card, or have applied for one and have a receipt, please set up an appointment with Kim Graves (see below for details) at your earliest convenience before September 20, to avoid a delay in receiving your first paycheck.
If you have not yet applied for a social security card, please wait to contact Kim for an appointment until after you have applied for your card, have a receipt to bring with you.
5) After you meet to process your hiring paperwork you will receive an email from GLACIER regarding your tax information.
AFTER you have completed the forms, please send Kim Graves your availability for a few weekdays between the hours of 9am and 3pm, to come to her office with the completed forms. In addition please bring the following IDs/documents:
2. social security card (if you do not yet have your permanent card, please bring the application receipt)
3. work permit documentation, *one* of the following:
- Permanent Resident Card *or*
- Employment Authorization Card *or*
- Notice of Action (I-797) *or*
- DS-2019 - Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status *or*
- I-20/Sevis - "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status"