This page updated March 14, 2013.
STUDENT PROCESS FOR DEGREE AUDIT UPDATES:
- Review your Degree Audit on Tritonlink
Compare your degree audit against our CSE Degrees
- Using the Virtual Advising Center, make your request
- Computer engineering majors admitted before fall 2011 can get the CATALOG YEAR CHANGED to FALL 2011 (this excludes Phys 2D, CSE 105, CSE 130, CSE 131 and ECE 102 from your requirements and your degree audit). Before Fall 2011, six upper division technical electives are required.
- Computer science majors admitted before fall 2010 may replace Math 20D,Phys 2C and ECE 53 with a CSE upper division course - CSE 197, 198 and 199 are also allowed to replace these requirements. Let us know which CSE upper division course you want to use to replace Math 20D, Phys 2C and ECE 53.
- Computer science majors admitted before fall 2010 can complete the Phys 2A and Phys 2B requirement with Chem 6A/6B (AP also allowed), or BILD 1/2 (AP also allowed), or BILD 3 (AP also allowed) and BIBC 100.
WHY CSE STUDENTS HAVE OUT-OF-DATE DEGREE AUDITS: The CSE Undergraduate Curriculums and Programs are kept current, viable and in conjunction with changing trends in education, industry and forces that define the nation. CSE Students (Majors and Minors) must expect changes in courses and curriculums to the B.A. & B.S. Computer Science, B.S. CS Bioinformatics and B.S. Computer Engineering Programs.
Student degree audits are sometimes out-of-order due to changes. For continuing students, degree audits must be updated one at a time. Follow the steps above "STUDENT PROCESS FOR DEGREE AUDIT PROCESS" and print your audit, make changes, and go to the CSE Student Advising Office to get CSE major and minor requirements fixed on your degree audit.
The degree audits program tracks courses for major and college requirements. The CSE Student Advising Office will assist students with major requirements and a student's college will assist with general education requirements.
For answers to questions about degree audits, contact the Virtual Advising Center.
NO CHANGES NECESSARY FOR NEW ADMITS: Changes to curriculum requirements are normally implemented during the fall quarter. New students admitted in the fall when a curriculum was implemented will find their degree audits up-to-date. If needed, the Degree Audit Office quickly adds new program changes during the summer before new students begin their first quarter of study at UC San Diego.
PROGRAM CHANGES: CSE currently has no more program changes in effect.