Visiting Scholars - Invitation Letter
All sponsors of visiting Scholars must prepare a letter printed on UCSD stationary that includes the information listed below. This letter is an integral part of the Visiting Scholar appointment file.
- Addressed: To whom it may concern
- Signed by: Faculty member or other sponsor who is hosting the scholar
- Faculty member or other sponsor who is hosting the scholar
- Duration of the visit (exact start and end dates)
- Exact purpose of the visit (two or three lines about what the scholar will be doing)
- Scholar's highest degree received, year received, University
- States that Scholar is supported by: UCSD - giving the amount of support, or home institution, or private funds
- Any additional argument(s) that you would like to add as to why the Scholar should be granted a Visiting Scholar Appointment.