Many classrooms come pre-equipped with overhead projectors, wall screens and lapel microphones. Therefore there is often no need to make special arrangements for A/V equipment for your classes. However, if you wish to make use of any of the following you will need to make arrangements with a departmental Instructional Support Assistant who will contact the UCSD Media Center and make the reservations for you:
- Wireless microphone
- Laptop computer (if you will not be providing your own)
- XGP projector (for connection to laptop and transmission of computer-generated presentations or images)
- Video monitor and/or VCR
Be sure to give your faculty assistant the location, dates and time for your course, as well as how often the equipment will be needed (one-time, every class session, etc.). We request at least 48 hours notice to make A/V reservations for classes. If you need to cancel a class or equipment reservation, be sure to contact your faculty assistant as soon as possible to avoid a charge.
What if I have AV equipment problems?
Operating manuals, extension cords and spare bulbs are currently kept in CSEhelp. Contact CSEhelp if you encounter problems with projectors or other equipment in any of the CSE conference rooms.
What is the cost of reserving non-department AV equipment?
The SVCAA funds 80% of a general campus academic department's classroom technology services and the department is only be billed for 20% of the actual cost. Late charges are not be covered by the subsidy. Below is a list of the most popular equipment and services and the rates for subsidized classes.
- Equipment/Service - Academic Department Rate
- DVD or VHS VCR (video cassette recorder) - $5.00 per day
- Color Video Monitor - $6.00 per day
- Computer Projector-XGP - $9.00 per quarter hour with a 4 quarter hour (one hour) minimum.
- Wall Screen - 6' x 6' is $3.50 per day, 6' x 8' is $5.00 per day.
- Laptop PC - For both Windows based and Mac the charge is $3.75 per quarter hour with a 4 quarter hour (one hour) minimum.
- Wireless Microphone - Clip-on - $1.25 per quarter hour with 4 quarter hour (one hour) minimum.
- Overhead Projector - $8.00 per day
- Slide Projector (with wireless remote) - $17.00 per day
- Equipment - Delivery, set-up & Retrieval - $9.00
- Late or no show -$10.00