Research, Internships and Career Opportunities
This page updated August 16, 2012.
CSE undergraduate students are encouraged to collaborate on projects and research with CSE faculty, CSE graduate students and CSE undergraduate students. Students may receive course credit for completed work by enrolling into CSE 199 - Independent Study. Student are furthermore encouraged to pursue an Honor's Project and continue their independent work. Students should expect to stay busy by completing classes, joining projects and student organizations. There are many opportunities in the CSE Department to join a research project.
Highlights of CSE Faculty Research!!
- UC San Diego's Starcave with Dr. Jurgen Schulze. Students interested in working with Dr. Schulze must email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prerequisite CSE 167 required.
- Visit the CSE Project Board for research opportunities with UCSD CS and ECE Faculty, Calit2, SDSC, and other groups.
- National Geographic Engineers for Exploration with Dr. Ryan Kastner. Students interested in working with Dr. Ryan Kastner must email him at email@example.com.
- Seach for the Lost Tomb of Genghis Khan with Dr. Albert Lin. Students interested in working with Dr. Albert Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ubiquitous Computing is one of Dr. Bill Griswold's research fields. He is looking for
- energetic people who love to design and build systems. Dr. Griswold is also interested
- inarchitecture of large systems so they can be evolved.
Job Bulletins for Job Opportunities (UCSD ranked 8th for top salary potential!)
CSE Career and Internship Opportunities
UC San Diego, Career Services Center (for Job Fairs)
Interviewing Techniques (coming soon)
Patent Bar: Course descriptions for students wishing to sit for the patent bar (waive in under Category B, Option 4). For catalog copies, cover page and courses, Contact Registrar 858-534-3150.